- Arrive at least 10 minutes before your yoga class to sign in and get settled. If you are going to a class that is popular, or if you have never been to the studio before, try to be there 15 to 20 minutes ahead of time.
- Take off your shoes as soon as you come through the door and place them in the shoe racks.
- Sign in for your class at the reception desk and obtain a locker key in exchange for your car keys if you need one.
- Find a space in the room facing the instructor and being aware that there will be others coming in who will also need space. Roll out your mat If you need them, collect any props such as blocks or straps and place them by your mat.
- If you have an injury, introduce yourself to the instructor before class starts and tell him/her about it, so he or she can give you modifications.
- Minimize use of perfumes and colognes.
- Always preserve the silence inside the studios. If you must speak, make sure it’s a whisper. If you must have a conversation, quietly leave the room and go into the reception area.
- If you are need a rest during the class, rest in child’s pose or Savasana. Stay there as long as you like.
- If you must leave early, let the instructor know and always leave before everyone goes into the final relaxation (Savasana).
Yoga Etiquette bcni